Interactive selection mode-add to current selection problem

05-14-2017 07:48 PM
ChrisPedrezuela
Occasional Contributor III

Hi everyone,

We have featureclasses on a 10.3 sde database. When I add it to an ArcMap session and try to select multiple objects interactively using the mode mentioned above, it clears the previous selections and just retains the recent selected object. Cannot seem to figure out what the source of the issue is. When I export the dataset to an FGDB the selection is fine. The press "SHIFT" and select does not also work when using SDE featureclass. For tables, no issues selecting or adding to currently selected.

Hope to get some inputs. Thanks.

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AbdullahAnter

How do you want to select the interactive selection and you want to add to currant selection?

do you know that selected features + interactive selection = select all

why don't you select all?

0 Kudos
ChrisPedrezuela

Hi Abdullah,

We currently have an activity that requires an operator to select manually segments to build a route. Normally in an FGDB data you can simply hold down shift key and select away but when using an SDE feature, that interactive selection does not work. So even holding down shift key does not let you keep your initial selection. 

DanaNolan

Have this problem constantly, and it is not limited to SDE. I found an answer on the forum quite a while ago.

It is more of an interface/display problem than a database issue. Try clearing your map cache and/or switching back and forth between Data and Layout views. This seems to clear out something that fixes the problem.

If you have this problem with a non-OID table such as Excel, try converting it to an ArcMap table.