Select to view content in your preferred language

Hide intersected features

02-01-2015 10:27 PM
MostafaAtir1
Deactivated User

Hi,

I am trying to symbolize 2 feature classes ; highways and pipelines and I need to hide all pipeline segments that intersect with highways in order to be shown as under ground.

what is the best practice to do it automatically ?

Thanks & have a great day,

Mostafa

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
KishorGhatage
Deactivated User

I am not clear about what is your workflow and how both highway and pipelines are. However, you just set the highway layer on top of pipeline layer in the table of content to hide the pipeline segments that intersect with highways. This could be a way to get it done.  

I would appreciate if you could share a screen shot and provide more details regarding this issue if above suggestions is not helpful.

Kishor

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Changing the order in the table of contents is your best option, unless you wish to make a point layer showing the intersection points between the layer and using a special symbol for the points (like a bridge symbol etc) to indicate that the road goes over the pipeline (or the pipeline goes under the road)

0 Kudos
MostafaAtir1
Deactivated User

Yes, I need to indicate that the pipeline goes under the road.I do not want to use it with the TOC, because I need to separate all colors and transfer my EPS file to the printing press. If not, I will have mixed colors.

Thanks,

Mostafa

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Does the EPS format have a transparency issue when coming to colour differentiation?

0 Kudos
MostafaAtir1
Deactivated User

yes it is, when I print my Map.because I am working on JOG maps and colors should be exactly same as defined.

0 Kudos