Feeder Schematic - Barrier on a Subtype?

03-13-2013 09:24 AM
MichaelDesroches
New Contributor
I'll try to explain the scenario: I am attempting to create a Schematic diagram for each "Feeder"

Our data is in an Electrical Geometric Network (10.1 SQL)

The source that has been identified in the Network is within the DynamicProtectiveDevice Feature Class. It is a subtype named "Circuit Breaker" (there are other subtypes such as Reclosure & Sectionalizer)

A typical trace Downstream begins with flag at Circuit Breaker, and includes all of the entities in the Geometric Network.

A 27kv line can feed an 8kv station. A trace downstream includes everything out of the 8kv station (and this is reality, if the upstream 27kv station is shut down, the downstream stations will also be out).

However, I would like to create a schematic for the 27kv station alone, without the 8kv info that continues through the substation.

I have tried by placing an "Add Edge Flag Tool" just downstream from the Circuit Breaker, and "disabling" the DynamicProtectiveDevice feature class from the analysis. This creates a great result, unless there is a reclosure on the line, and the trace is stopped "prematurely" before it reaches the sation. I haven't been able to find if the disabling of a layer can be isolated to a subtype.

I've tried to navigate within the Schematics properties and settings and have become completely lost as to whether or not this type of result can be achieved.

It's a bit complicated to explain, but has anyone else encountered this or have any suggestions?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RickAnderson
Occasional Contributor III
This isn't really anything on the schematics side.  Schematics just reports what has been traced or selected.  So the issue you are really needing to resolve it how to get the trace settings correct so that once solved you can generate the desired schematic.  Is this correct?
0 Kudos
MichaelDesroches
New Contributor
You would be correct that it is a functionality of the Network Tracing, however, it was my hope that someone else may have encountered this while using Schematics. I will continue to pursue an answer, but guide it more directly to the Utility Network Analyst. My quick fix was to place a barrier at the substation to stop the trace.
Thank you for your reply
0 Kudos