Select to view content in your preferred language

Exporting a Map

03-31-2015 07:17 AM
JoeHoy
by
Deactivated User

I am trying to export a map and I keep getting the same message,  Not Enough Memory to Create Requested Bitmap.  I am not sure how to fix this.  Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
LisaTurner
Frequent Contributor

Safe to assume you have tried restarting your computer? It might help others to know what application and version you are trying to export from.

If the restart fails, is it possible to export the map in smaller sections on the off chance it is just too much data to handle at once?

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

As Lisa suggested, rebooting the computer often resolves this.

If that doesnt' work, If you are using ArcGIS and "File, Export Map" to make the bitmap, you can try adjusting the settings.

First, open the Options by clicking on the triangle (see below).  This will expand the window and the settings will now be visible.  Then try reducing the "Resolution".

BMP_export.jpg

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
JoeHoy
by
Deactivated User

Yes I am using ArcGIS and I am going to file, Export Map.  I tried restarting, did not work.  I even took the resolution down to 1 and I am still recieving the same message. 

0 Kudos
LisaTurner
Frequent Contributor

Just curious, is there still space on your disc drives?

0 Kudos
ChrisDonohue__GISP
MVP Alum

That is odd.

If your data and/or mxd resides on a network, another thing to try is to make a copy of the mxd and put it on your computers C: drive.  Then copy all the data and put in on the C: drive. Then relink everything and try again.  It's a pain, but sometimes that gets around network issues which trigger the Memory error.

If that doesn't work, I'd contact ESRI Technical Support.

Chris Donohue, GISP

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Honored Contributor

I'd just change to a different folder and try re-export it. That works for me. Then if you must move that export file to where you want after you already exported the file.

0 Kudos
AnggiKusumawardani
Occasional Contributor

I also sometimes found that kind of problem and reboot my machine will solve my problem.

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Joe,

Did you try increasing the virtual memory?

39362 - Increase Virtual Memory Beyond the Recommended Maximum

Think Location