Export map - no options for details, filename..

10-25-2011 11:07 AM
DavidRocha1
New Contributor
Hi all, this morning I was exporting from ArcMap to a PNG file. Towards the bottom of the window that opens when I click "Export map..", there was a little arrow to close the detail section. The detail section apparently contains the size of the graphic, the file type, even the name.

Now that I have clicked that, it seems to be gone forever. Now when the Export map window comes up, the window only shows files within the folder, and does not show the details arrow (to re-expand the detail section), or even the filename, graphic type or graphic size (see attachment).

I have tried stretching the window around etc., and cannot locate that now hidden section. Can anyone suggest I might get it back? I have opened/closed Arcmap, no luck there.

Thank you.
34 Replies
Pam_Gilb
New Contributor

I used the same 4tab, space bar to see the Options for file format export....but still do not see the "Clip to Graphic Extent" either....any updates adding that check box option back in?  I am using both arcmap and arcpro....but would like to get this remedied in arcmap.

I have one foot in arcmap the other in arcpro...

0 Kudos
nathaliaalves
New Contributor

It worked! Thank youuu

0 Kudos
rimafidele
New Contributor

Great. Well done. It's working !

0 Kudos
AnaGabrielaArreolaMeneses
New Contributor

OMG, it works. God bless you. 🙂

0 Kudos
GawaherAlmahnash
New Contributor

Loool

prefect

0 Kudos
Wandabwa_Isaiah
New Contributor

Thank you so much  KyleGallagher. I too experience the same problem and your guide has worked out for me.

PREVIEW

0 Kudos
NaimeCelik
Occasional Contributor
Kyle 

Thank you, I did not understand exactly how to apply your method but I pressed many times both keys and now export map options are back.. 🙂

Thanks again

Naime
KTanski
New Contributor
Cursor in the file name; four taps on the tab key; once on the space bar. It's a beautiful thing! Thanks for the perfect strategy!
KatarinaSörensen
New Contributor
😄 Thanks. Had the same problem today with ArcGIS 10.2 but had to use both solutions and it works now.
Katarina
BrianHovis
Occasional Contributor II
Here is the easiest way to fix the problem.  Open the Export Map window and put your cursor in the File Name section.  Hit the Tab key 4 times to activate the Options button that is hidden (should be right after Cancel), press space bar once to expand the Option section.

Kyle

Thanks, your fix worked for me today.  Thanks goodness for Google and forums.