Export map - no options for details, filename..

10-25-2011 11:07 AM
DavidRocha1
New Contributor
Hi all, this morning I was exporting from ArcMap to a PNG file. Towards the bottom of the window that opens when I click "Export map..", there was a little arrow to close the detail section. The detail section apparently contains the size of the graphic, the file type, even the name.

Now that I have clicked that, it seems to be gone forever. Now when the Export map window comes up, the window only shows files within the folder, and does not show the details arrow (to re-expand the detail section), or even the filename, graphic type or graphic size (see attachment).

I have tried stretching the window around etc., and cannot locate that now hidden section. Can anyone suggest I might get it back? I have opened/closed Arcmap, no luck there.

Thank you.
34 Replies
fabiluqs
New Contributor

Hi! I posted a comment with a solution a while back, see if it works:

1. Press windows key + R

2. Type "regedit"

3. Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER - SOFTWARE - ESRI - Desktop(the version you're using) - Export - ExportDIg

4. Double click on ShowOptionsPanel

5. Type "1"

0 Kudos
Cassiopeia
New Contributor

You might try this. I helped someone today who had the same problem with Windows 11. The problem was caused by the Windows default value of 150 % for display scale.

Go to Windows settings: System > Display > Scale & layout. Set the scale to 100 %. Expand the options of the ArcMap dialog window. You may change the system scale again after that. Repeat these steps if you accidentally collapse the options again.

0 Kudos
MaximSilin
New Contributor III
Had the same issue on Windows 7. The following workaround did the trick:

1)Close ArcMap;

2)Rename the 'ExportDlg' folder located under:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ESRI\Desktop10.0\Export

3) Restart ArcMap and open Export Map dialog again - the Options section should be available.

Alternatively, you may try to change the value of the 'ShowOptionsPanel' registry key, located under the 'ExportDlg' folder mentioned above from '0' to '1'.
WillemVan_Riet
New Contributor
ESRI technical support helped me find the solution. One has to edit the registry. Apparently its a Windows 7 bug. The technician said he would post the full solution here. Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
WillemVan_Riet
New Contributor
Thanks Max. Yes that was what they said. The size for that specific window reverts to zero in the registry when one clicks that arrow and then it cannot display again. Doesn't happen in XT but only in Vista and W7.
0 Kudos
DarranMay
New Contributor
what was the work around on this? This has happened to me recently and I can not seem to resolve the issue.

Thanks.
0 Kudos
KyleGallagher
New Contributor III
Here is the easiest way to fix the problem.  Open the Export Map window and put your cursor in the File Name section.  Hit the Tab key 4 times to activate the Options button that is hidden (should be right after Cancel), press space bar once to expand the Option section.

Kyle
DianaEusse
New Contributor

Hola  Chicos, Kyle and everyone.

Thanks for your advice. It works.

Diana Eusse

MohamedHadjkouider
New Contributor

@Kyle Gallagher

Thank you thank you  very much....It works ( Clip To Graphic Extent option is selected) in Arcmap...

ViniciusPerin
New Contributor

Hi @Kyle Gallagher

It worked, but not completly! The options are shown again, but not "Clip To Graphic Extent". 

Any ideia ?

0 Kudos