Data Frame Coordinates have changed to Decimal Degrees

Jump to solution
03-26-2015 01:46 PM
GavinMayeda
Occasional Contributor II

I have a crazy issue, and I am not quite sure how to fix this.  Data frame coordinates have changed to decimal degrees, and I want to change it back to the default spheroid data.  How do I do this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The default is in the coordinate system of the first file added to the data frame.  By any chance are the files you using have unknown coordinate systems?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

right-click in the data frame and select properties, you can set all the properties there

0 Kudos
GavinMayeda

Thanks Dan,

I should have put a bit more information out there...........

I did go in to the data frame properties, and nothing I did would change the coordinate display back to default. I also tried using the Customize and that didn't help, nor did the editing options................

I did remember to stop any editing, so that isn't the issue either......

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

The default is in the coordinate system of the first file added to the data frame.  By any chance are the files you using have unknown coordinate systems?

GavinMayeda

I think you hit the nail on the head Dan.  I was working on a feature when I brought in a basemap from ESRI's library.  That is when the dataframe coordinates changed.  I brought in a different feature and the coordinates are right.  Thanks a ton!!

0 Kudos