data driven pages toolbar won't display

11-19-2016 06:24 PM
VickiWilt1
New Contributor

When using ARCMAP 10.3 I try and add the data driven pages toolbar to the desktop, but it installs in the Layout toolbar. I can't use it at all.  I'm trying to take the state of Pennsylvania and use the counties as the index  for data driven pages for an assignment for class. The Esri tutorial on DDP uses a Grid, but I have to use the polygon from the counties shape file as the index. I went through Printer Setup, DDP to select the counties shape file, but the next step is the DDP tool bar which never displays individually. Always loads in the layout tool bar. 

This is my first post, so if my place is wrong, please let me know. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I moved to mapping (although someone else may have been doing it at the same time).  Will also tag Cartography and Maps

besides the tutorial, have you read thru the help? 

What are Data Driven Pages?—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Creating Data Driven Pages—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop 

Its been a while since I've worked with DDP, but what you are trying to do should work.

DavidBarnes
Occasional Contributor III

That Layout toolbar is correct. What happens when you click the DDP button that you have circled in red? That should bring up the Data Driven Pages toolbar.

Another way to get toolbars to show is to go to the Customize menu, Toolbars pullright and select the toolbar you want to show.