Data Driven Pages - Not all anno is rotating correctly

06-25-2012 01:13 PM
MarkNieman
New Contributor
I�??m creating a platbook using data driven pages.  Two of the township pages needed to be rotated 90 deg to fit on page, no prob with that.  When I bring data into the project, almost all of the annotation rotates correctly but not all of it.  If I try to select the anno I get a red rectangle box of where the text should be, not where it is displaying on screen.  The bad anno showing on screen is 90 deg off and is not selectable.  Help - I'm using ArcGIS 10
0 Kudos
5 Replies
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
Are you able to edit the annotation FC?  I don't know what it could be.  You may want to report this to support services.

Jeff
0 Kudos
MarkNieman
New Contributor
Are you able to edit the annotation FC?  I don't know what it could be.  You may want to report this to support services.

Jeff

How do I do that?
0 Kudos
MarkNieman
New Contributor

Jeff

I just found that if I change the symbol (font) to something other than "Arial" it rotates correctly.  You can close this thread.  Thanks
0 Kudos
RustyRex
Occasional Contributor
Changing the font may be a work-around, but I do not think it solves the problem.  We are having a similar issue.  The annotation text is rotating with the DDP, but we dont want it to rotate (stream label so we want to follow the stream).  This is map annotation.  Is there a setting somewhere that tells the DDP what to rotate and what not to rotate?
0 Kudos
BruceLang
Occasional Contributor III
I also have a problem where annotation text do not properly rotate.  The images display the data frame set to rotation = 0 (good) and rotation = 90 (bad).  This is a problem when using data driven pages at various rotation angles.

Thanks.

Using ArcMap 10.0 SP5
0 Kudos