Data Driven Pages - cannot export more than once

07-02-2015 12:54 PM
OliviaL
New Contributor

I have a map document setup with data driven pages to export a set of PDFs. After I export the map (File>Export Map), I may notice that I want to make a change, which I do, and then if I try to re-export the map again to PDF, the process just hangs. I have to close ArcMap with the task manager, and reload the map document just so that I can export the map document layouts.

A colleague running on an ArcInfo license did not seem to have this issue. She was able to export using data driven pages multiple times without issue. Similarly, when I load the map document using a different ArcGIS Editor license and export pages, several times, I do not run into any issues. However, another colleagues was experiencing the same problem with data driven pages with a different file, and we both run ArcEditor.

Does anyone know if there is a setting issue or have suggestions to resolve this issue?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
AmySteiger
Occasional Contributor

I have no basemap or aerial imagery and encounter the same problem.

0 Kudos
CurtisDeVault
Occasional Contributor

I too am experiencing this issue. It seems that the second time I export the maps to a single PDF it freezes and eventually requiring me to close ArcMap via the task manager. It does not matter whether I open the PDF or not. It seems to be the second time I export all the map pages to a single PDF in the same session. But if I close ArcMap after exporting, reopening the MXD, and exporting there are no issues.

0 Kudos
CarstenBerens
New Contributor

Hi,

we have the same problem. Any "real" solution?

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

All 11 of us in our shop experience the same thing.

>ArcGIS for Desktop Advance 10.3.1

Second attempt to print from an MXD with DDP fails.

Doesn't matter if it is one page at a time or all the pages.

0 Kudos
ElizabethHigh
New Contributor III

I have this exact same problem. I tried taking all the Arc online basemaps out and that fixed it (I had a basemap in there that wasn't turned on, but just having it in the layers caused a problem).

This sucks because those basemaps are really great, but not worth closing and re-opening my MXD 100 times.

0 Kudos
JoeFlannery
Occasional Contributor III

I wonder if this Bug Fix in ArcGIS for Desktop 10.4 will resolve the problem?

We have yet to install and test 10.4

Capture.JPG

ArcGIS Issues Addressed at 10.4

http://downloads.esri.com/support/downloads/other_/104-IssuesAddressedList.pdf

ElizabethHigh
New Contributor III

It sounds like it. I really hope so. This is ridiculous.

0 Kudos
FasilTiru
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello All,

A bug was logged on this issue and it has been fixed in the latest release 10.4.

BUG-000090284 - When Data Driven Pages are scale dependent, have a..

If you are still having the same issue after upgrading, please contact Esri Technical support directly.

Thanks,

JerryGarcia1
Occasional Contributor II

Same issues, how about releasing a fix for 10.3? Some of us can't update since most of our clients are still using 10.3. 

JenniferSeverson
New Contributor

Hey, Jerry, I just posted in response to the original comment, but it may also help you.