Select to view content in your preferred language

Automatic symbology

02-17-2012 05:27 AM
LeilaHashemi
New Contributor
hello

I have a shap file (polygons), and I created a model that analyze different data and assign automatically an index to each polygon over time (day1, day2�?�). I would like to assign a color to each index. For example: between 1-4 yellow, 5-8 brown, 8-11 red,�?� etc and use this color index to map the polygon for each day.

Is there a way in model builder to change the symbology automatically based on this color index?

Thank you
0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffBarrette
Esri Regular Contributor
At 10.0 you can do this with arcpy.mappingUpdateLayer.  It requires that you have a pre-authored layer file that you apply to your layer.

At 10.1 we've exposed some symbology renderers (e.g., graduated colors) to the API that allow you to change things like number of classes, ranges, labels, etc.

Jeff
0 Kudos
LeilaHashemi
New Contributor
At 10.0 you can do this with arcpy.mappingUpdateLayer.  It requires that you have a pre-authored layer file that you apply to your layer.

At 10.1 we've exposed some symbology renderers (e.g., graduated colors) to the API that allow you to change things like number of classes, ranges, labels, etc.

Jeff

Thank you Jeff, but I am working with ArcGIS 9.3, there is any solution in this version?
0 Kudos