Arcpad field automation Tree Count

07-29-2013 08:26 AM
MitchDavis
New Contributor
I am a newly minted GIS tech working with the Colorado State forest service,

I need to construct an arcpad mobile device application that has the ability to auto populate in the field tree count (auto increment), and also auto populate the stand (polygon) name from another layer after it has been set.

I have the framework for the project completed including the PGDB and structure in arcpad/ arcpad studio. Any tutorials, help, advice would be greatly appreciated!

I am aware i might need to tackle this with a VBA script and am not scared to do so, i want to learn! Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CPoynter
Occasional Contributor III
If you mean autopopulate tree count, could you not use the option within the form design stage under control properties > values and use "auto increment" tick box option?

Not sure which version of ArcPad you are on, but I think Python is also an option for ArcPad now as well.

Regards,

Craig
0 Kudos
MitchDavis
New Contributor
If you mean autopopulate tree count, could you not use the option within the form design stage under control properties > values and use "auto increment" tick box option?

Not sure which version of ArcPad you are on, but I think Python is also an option for ArcPad now as well.

Regards,

Craig

Thanks for the concern Craig, im actually on arcpad 10.2 beta as of right now, i cannot auto populate the list from the values tab
because i am working with a .axf file for the dropdown menus as well. i was thinking i could perform a simple relate tables from the shapefile and gain the best of both worlds (dropdowns and increments). With the two different tables related and different feature classes in theory they should populate each other and everything should work out. Thoughts?

-Mitch
0 Kudos