ArcGis Help

04-21-2015 10:05 PM
JustinSmasal
New Contributor

Is there a way I can layer roughly 25 different edited maps into 1? I need to highlight regions in the U.S. corresponding to data I have received, and turn those 25 different maps into 1. Is this possible? I've tried making separate maps, and tried mashing them together but I can't seem to do it. Also, I have tried making a powerpoint presentation, but I'm having trouble editing the different slides. I seem to edit all of them and I don't see a way as to save the powerpoint and email it to my superiors. Help...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

If you have 25 different layers/shapefiles ... merge them using the Merge tool.  If they are 25 different layouts ... no.  To assist with your terminology and explore the capabilities consult the help files

for 10.2

for 10.3

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Hi Justin,

Adding to Dan's suggestion, if you are working with different feature classes/shapefiles, just make sure the FieldNames and FieldDatatypes and geometry are identical for all the features.

Thanks,

Jay

Think Location
0 Kudos
BenLeslie1
Occasional Contributor III

If your maps are images (rasters), when they're loaded in ArcMap you can choose to make a background colour transparent - i.e. make white transparent -- go to Layer Properties - Symbology - Check the Display Background Value(R,G,B) box and set the values to 255 255 255.

This is unlikely to look very neat but will allow you to layer images and see through them - unless the images are compressed in which case this won't work very well.  You could also try playing with the Transparancy control in the Display tab of the Layer Properties.

0 Kudos