Data Alignment Issues

06-26-2023 09:23 AM
RyanMaloney1
New Contributor II

Hi,

I am relatively new to the ESRI world so I hope this makes sense.  I am mapping fiber networks for a telecom company and I have been appending individual fiber areas into one main fiber network.  This main database is a traditional versioned GDB that resides in Enterprise SQL data store. The projection for the data set is:

RyanMaloney1_0-1687796073411.png

Each data set that I receive from our contractors is in the same exact projection, however, when I Load Objects into our main database, there is a 10-15 foot offset.

RyanMaloney1_1-1687796361144.png

The dashed red line is the loaded data to the Main GDB. The green line is the data set from the contractors.  The points layers are both within the main GDB and the contractor data set.  It seems like there would be issue with the red dashed projection (our main data set), however, past appended data has lined up (line and point). 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MelitaKennedy
Esri Notable Contributor

HI, 

10-15 feet is a lot--more than I would expect if there was a geographic/datum transformation issue, and not enough for a serious problem with the coordinate system. Is the contractor data, Main GDB, and the map/data frame coordinate system all the same? Completely the same (units, parameter values, etc.)? Feel free to post screen grabs of each here or send them to me directly (mkennedy at esri dot com). Is there any transformation set in the map/data frame?

Melita

0 Kudos
RyanMaloney1
New Contributor II

Hey Melita,

I emailed you with the screenshots.  Let me know if you received them.  Thanks 

0 Kudos