Select to view content in your preferred language

Zoom to specified map scale

Jump to solution
05-10-2023 02:48 PM
MonikaNicholsRDC
New Contributor II

I have had a user request to be able to zoom to a specified scale in the LocalMaps viewer e.g. 1:50,000. I haven't found a way to do this... is it possible?

Tags (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TerryOD
New Contributor III

There's an option in the print widget for the user to force the scale when exporting to a fileTerryOD_0-1684891397883.png

Or via URL parameter but this still only zooms to the nearest scale level of the underlying basemap, format is something like
&center=1614361.675%2C5423962.21%2C2193&scale=10000

I'm not sure of any other way unless you had those scales in your basemap cache, or you had no basemap in the webmap at all (we used to be able to do that on the old viewers, but not sure if that is possible these days?!)

View solution in original post

Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

As Terry said above, the zoom scales in WebMaps are controlled by the scale settings in a basemap. Thats not a LocalMaps restriction, thats part of the Esri JavaScript Map control.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TerryOD
New Contributor III

There's an option in the print widget for the user to force the scale when exporting to a fileTerryOD_0-1684891397883.png

Or via URL parameter but this still only zooms to the nearest scale level of the underlying basemap, format is something like
&center=1614361.675%2C5423962.21%2C2193&scale=10000

I'm not sure of any other way unless you had those scales in your basemap cache, or you had no basemap in the webmap at all (we used to be able to do that on the old viewers, but not sure if that is possible these days?!)

Grant-S-Carroll
Esri Contributor

As Terry said above, the zoom scales in WebMaps are controlled by the scale settings in a basemap. Thats not a LocalMaps restriction, thats part of the Esri JavaScript Map control.

0 Kudos