Updating Custom Print Layouts

05-05-2022 01:54 PM
Labels (3)
GISOfficer
Occasional Contributor

When using a custom print service with our own layouts, currently at Enterprise 10.8.1 we have to recreate the print service and overwrite the layout information accompanying it.  Following this we refresh the print task and layout URLs in the LocalMaps 2.3.1 admin UI.  This completely resets the print layouts that are available to all maps and turns them all on, while also limiting the export options to just PDF and JPEG.  This means that all maps have to have their print settings reconfigured.

What I'd suggest is an 'update print layouts' or 'add/remove layouts' option/button in the LocalMaps admin UI, so that when the print service is replaced (or overwritten if this becomes a viable option from ESRI) any templates that existed before and were either unassigned or assigned to a map in LocalMaps have their settings retained, but any that are either removed or added to our layout templates folder would then be removed from/added to LocalMaps.  It could either be automatic or an interactive selection from the layout template list.  Their particular settings could then be configured in the admin UI without the need to update all of the other layouts that haven't really changed.

2 Replies
LaurenMcArtney
Esri Contributor

@GISOfficer Thanks for your feedback and idea. We can look at this for Version 3.x of the LocalMaps viewer that will be using Experience Builder. We are reviewing the architecture around how we store maps and prints and in this are taking into account some of the issues you are seeing with the current viewer. In terms of the UI - this is very good idea, perhaps having a page / menu specific to prints that can be used to view options, reassign etc.

I'll pop this into our backlog for consideration with the development team and if you know others that might benefit, make sure to get them to vote on this idea. 

GISOfficer
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Lauren.  As ever I present votes from both Hurunui and Kaikoura so there's two for you!