Select to view content in your preferred language

Using the Java SDK, how do I override the default GLSL version?

12-05-2017 06:02 AM
Markvan_Wyk
New Contributor II

I'm trying to display a scene in Java according to the tutorial:

https://developers.arcgis.com/java/latest/guide/display-a-scene.htm

Unfortunately, I receive an error:

Error message: Internal error exception
Additional error message: star_draw,GL_VERTEX_SHADER:0:3(10): error: GLSL 1.50 is not supported. Supported versions are: 1.10, 1.20, 1.30, 1.00 ES, 3.00 ES, 3.10 ES, and 3.20 ES

Seems that the application is trying to use OpenGL Shader Language 1.50 which my system does not seem to support. I assume I either need to install a compatible shader on Ubuntu, or I need to instruct ArcGIS SDK to use a different shader.

I'm happy with either of the 2 solutions, but do not know how to implement them.

So far no luck on my StackOverflow post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/47628186/jaxafx-shader-issue-on-ubuntu-help-translate-error

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
EricBader
Regular Contributor II

Hi Mark.

This thread always helps me: command line - How to install OpenGL/GLUT libraries - Ask Ubuntu 

Hopefully it's a helpful place for you as well.

Eric

0 Kudos
YuxiangLI
New Contributor

Hi,

Have you resolved the problem? I have the same issue with the following versions:

server glx version string: 1.4
client glx version string: 1.4
GLX version: 1.4
 Max core profile version: 4.5
 Max compat profile version: 3.0
 Max GLES1 profile version: 1.1
 Max GLES[23] profile version: 3.1
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.5 (Core Profile) Mesa 17.3.0
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.50
OpenGL version string: 3.0 Mesa 17.3.0
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.30
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.1 Mesa 17.3.0
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.10

On the documentation of ArcGIS, I saw that "Linux applications require support for OpenGL 3.0 and Shader Language 1.3 minimum." It seems that it is exactly what I have on my computer. 

I am not exactly sure which part of ArcGIS is broken by this problem. Some examples do work fine.

Yuxiang

Markvan_Wyk
New Contributor II

I have not resolved the issue as yet. Is it also all the 3D maps that are giving you issues or 2D maps too?

0 Kudos
YuxiangLI
New Contributor

I believe it only affects 3D maps (especially the one you pointed out). I have tried 2 other 2D map examples, they work fine, but I am not sure how other examples would work.

0 Kudos