Select to view content in your preferred language

The import resloved

05-13-2014 12:55 PM
AhmedAlqusaibi
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm new at arcgis. I install arcgis desktop 10.1 to develop desktop application not addons, but after installing arcgis java sdk. I didn't find this libraries com.esri.map.* .

IS there a link for this library?

Thanks for your time.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
EliseAcheson1
Occasional Contributor
Hi,

If you're trying to develop desktop applications using ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java, in your IDE you can manually add to your project the .jar files contained in the subfolder '\sdk\jars' of where you installed the SDK. The default installation directory on Windows 64-bit is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\java10.2', so on this platform the jars would be in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\java10.2\sdk\jars' unless you've specified another install location. The jars include the com.esri.map package as well as the rest of the API listed in the API reference.

As an alternative to manually adding the jars, if you're using Eclipse and have installed the Eclipse plug-in, you can create an eclipse project as described in Create a simple map application that will automatically link to the jars.

~elise
0 Kudos
AhmedAlqusaibi
New Contributor
Thanks for the reply, but I've searched a lot still didn't find a link to download.

If you have link that'd be great
0 Kudos
EliseAcheson1
Occasional Contributor
You can download the 10.2 version of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java on the homepage here: https://developers.arcgis.com/java/ (download links for the supported platforms).

The 10.2.3 version will be released shortly and will be available at the above link from that point on.

~elise
0 Kudos
AhmedAlqusaibi
New Contributor
Thanks for your reply, but I meant sdk version 10.1
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
I meant sdk version 10.1

By chance, which "arcgis java sdk" did you install? There is ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java, and there is Java ArcObjects.
0 Kudos
AhmedAlqusaibi
New Contributor
arcobjects, but I realize now that I need sdk runtime. That's why I'm looking for link to download.
0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor
It's starting to become clear.  This forum is for questions on the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java.  This isn't the same as the ArObjects APIs (ArcGIS Engine for example).

The forum for ArcObjects based APIs is here:

http://forums.arcgis.com/forums/20-ArcObjects-SDKs

If you are an ArObjects developer then you may be an EDN subscriber.  If so, then most downloads are available via your subscription here:

http://edn.esri.com/
0 Kudos
AhmedAlqusaibi
New Contributor
You're right, I'was mistaken at the beginning but still I need a link to download sdk for java 10.1

and I hope you've one..

Thanks again
0 Kudos
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
... but still I need a link to download sdk for java 10.1

Would you kill my curiosity and explain why you want to use Version 10.1 of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java instead of the latest version which is available for download on the link I shared earlier? I'm not diminishing your question because I think it's fair to have available previous versions of the SDK available for download along with the latest, and I don't see them available on the link. After all, the 10.1.1 API is still online, bu not the software distribution.
0 Kudos