Setting Up a Deployment Machine (not Development)

12-19-2013 05:10 AM
StephenBaier
New Contributor III
I am working on setting up a deployment machine for my application, which uses ArcGIS Runtime SDK Java 10.2 (non-developer deployment); my application has all the SDK Jars packaged with it as an OSGi bundle (Eclipse RCP application). I generated the license code using the License Viewer, but don't have a non-developer computer setup, so I haven't been able to test that yet. I have some questions about this process.

Question 1: Do I need to install anything on the system if I have the SDK Jars packaged with my application?

Question 2: In the License Viewer application, I was only able to create a "Test" license; what do I need to create an actual deployment license? What is the difference?

Question 3: Does the application need internet connection to verify the license? The application will be deploy aboard a ship, and will not have any internet access.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
EricBader
Occasional Contributor III
I am working on setting up a deployment machine for my application, which uses ArcGIS Runtime SDK Java 10.2 (non-developer deployment); my application has all the SDK Jars packaged with it as an OSGi bundle (Eclipse RCP application). I generated the license code using the License Viewer, but don't have a non-developer computer setup, so I haven't been able to test that yet. I have some questions about this process.

Question 1: Do I need to install anything on the system if I have the SDK Jars packaged with my application?

Your deployment will also need the "arcgisruntime10.2" directory. It should reside in the same home location as your executable jar files. You can create a deployment directory structure using the ArcGIS Runtime Java Deployment Builder tool. Once it is created, just copy all of your jars and resources into this deployment folder and it is ready to distribute.

Question 2: In the License Viewer application, I was only able to create a "Test" license; what do I need to create an actual deployment license? What is the difference?

It depends on what your application is going to do. If your application is going to use services from online to do all the work and will not need local server to access map, geoprocessing or locator packages, then all you need is a "basic" license string: RUD455674060. If your app is using packages for its datasources, layers and functionality, you'll need to purchase deployment packs from Esri Customer Service.

Question 3: Does the application need internet connection to verify the license? The application will be deploy aboard a ship, and will not have any internet access.

No, an internet connection will not be needed for license verification.
0 Kudos