Select to view content in your preferred language

Rendering a Heatmap

08-17-2021 11:40 PM
DaveWhitla
New Contributor III

I am trying to render the Points of a FeatureLayer using a HeatmapRenderer in a manner similar to that demonstrated in https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-runtime-sdks-blog/heat-map-renderer-map-it-like-it-s-hot/ba-p/8....

While HeatmapRenderer cannot be configured programmatically yet in the Java SDK I have read in multiple posts across the various SDK platform implementations that since 100.1.0 all ArcGIS Runtime SDKs have had the ability to render heatmaps defined by web maps.

In the same vein as the post I linked to above, I have created a value object to represent the heatmap configuration consistent with the web map specification here and debugging the running application I can see that the HeatmapRenderer instance is created correctly without error via Renderer.fromJson().

The problem I am experiencing is that setting the layer visibility to true does not result in the heatmap being displayed as expected.

I have been frustrated by this for over a day now and my client is unimpressed by my lack of progress on what they have come to expect as a trivial enhancement. I have already begun work on plan C - emulating a density map using variable opacity gaussian distribution symbols - but this is a suboptimal workaround at best.

I would much appreciate any insight into why this might not be working.

Happy to share relevant code snippets for anyone wanting to help but I am restricted from posting it up front.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
DaveWhitla
New Contributor III

I have resolved this issue. It appears to have been caused by timing. 

0 Kudos