Select to view content in your preferred language

GraphicsLayer Limitation on Number of Graphics Selected

Jump to solution
01-25-2013 03:16 PM
CarlosColón-Maldonado
Occasional Contributor III
I figured out how to get the getGraphicIDs method to work with a graphicslayer off a MessageGroupLayer and worked fine. I post it here on another thread.

I ran into a behavior that may become an issue at some point for some people (as it did me). I noticed that there is a limitation on the number of graphic ids being selected and, thus the number of Graphic objects being collected in order to obtain an associated Message object from the message processor for each.

After creating 1,000 symbols in near approximation then later zoom out in order to give the impression that they appeared on top of each other ([ATTACH=CONFIG]21084[/ATTACH]), I could only collect a maximum of 20 symbols. Furthermore, I noticed that the selected corresponding symbols were not approximate to each other([ATTACH=CONFIG]21085[/ATTACH]), while others were but unselected([ATTACH=CONFIG]21086[/ATTACH]). I've guessed using different tolerance levels but didn't seem to matter.

Is there a way to manipulate this behavior? It appears to have relevance of the current map scale, but I'm not sure how the tolerance can be dynamically modified to overcome this.

Any help will be appreciated.
0 Kudos
10 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mbaird

Carlos,

One thing I'm considering is adding some API improvements for moving layers around in the map and group layers (including Message Group Layers).  This should address your busy map where all your chemlights are hidden by position-reports or whatever.

Mark
0 Kudos