Select to view content in your preferred language

Doesn't Reading and displaying the Shape file in JavaFX

07-27-2023 12:13 AM
PRAVEENPATNANA
Emerging Contributor

Screenshot from 2023-07-27 12-33-56.pngScreenshot from 2023-07-27 12-36-50.pngScreenshot from 2023-07-27 12-37-00.pngScreenshot from 2023-07-27 12-37-03.png

i set up everything like APIKey and ArcGIS RunTIme Environment and javaFX also but while im running the code provided by the  official esri documentation , im not getting any display output i tried to display the ArcGIS basemap it was working but while im reading the Shapefile was not giving any output, i'm keep on trying but not getting any result.
i'm happy get your suggitions & Thanks in advance.

25 Replies
ColinAnderson1
Esri Contributor

Ok, offline is quite a complex topic so please refer to the documentation on offline here and here.

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @PRAVEENPATNANA,

As Colin mentioned, offline is a complex topic and there are a few ways you approach it. There is a diagram on this page which helps summarize where data comes from for offline work. You're already working with "Data files" with your shape file. What you have noticed is that you will also need to get a basemap to use offline.

So far, you have been using our basemap service to use the basemap over the internet. There is no magic button that suddenly makes a basemap work offline. You have to deliberately download it first (either from our basemap service, or from a file you create using ArcGIS Pro). You will need to think about the requirements of your app to decide the best approach.

Things to consider are zoom levels and overall extent. A basemap for all of India at all zoom levels will be huge and would take a long time to download. If you don't need to zoom in far, then you could create a basemap that is only used when zoomed out and that could be a lot smaller.

Ultimately, you will have to think about how you need to use your data and the basemap offline.

This video could also help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTD2omhGVdI

I would also suggest that if you have further questions on this topic that you start a new thread so that other developers can find the discussion more easily (this thread started out as a question about Shapefiles in JavaFX).

Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
Emerging Contributor

Dear Nicholas Furness sir,

i am Working on your suggistion, my main goal is to be display the shapeFile Over the BaseMap via offline & i'm going through your video and i'll start it as a new thread for your suggitions.

Thanks& regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
Emerging Contributor

But that video was an extremely Speeded up i'm confused about the process to download the basemap & i dont have an ArcGIS Pro Account, i cant find any solution to download the BaseMap to local system.

0 Kudos
Nicholas-Furness
Esri Regular Contributor

You can find an example here: https://developers.arcgis.com/java/sample-code/export-tiles/

In that code, an area of the basemap is downloaded (exported) as a TPK (you can learn more about that here), and used to create a new basemap and a new map. Once it's downloaded to your device, you can just use it whenever you create a new map. If you need more help with this, please ask a new question as requested previously.

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
Emerging Contributor

I'm started new thread but no one can responding when im trying to install the ArcGIS Pro (My Linux OS ) was not supporting , i verified the system requirements is shows that the device was not supported .

0 Kudos