Doesn't Reading and displaying the Shape file in JavaFX

07-27-2023 12:13 AM
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

Screenshot from 2023-07-27 12-33-56.pngScreenshot from 2023-07-27 12-36-50.pngScreenshot from 2023-07-27 12-37-00.pngScreenshot from 2023-07-27 12-37-03.png

i set up everything like APIKey and ArcGIS RunTIme Environment and javaFX also but while im running the code provided by the  official esri documentation , im not getting any display output i tried to display the ArcGIS basemap it was working but while im reading the Shapefile was not giving any output, i'm keep on trying but not getting any result.
i'm happy get your suggitions & Thanks in advance.

25 Replies
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

Screenshot from 2023-07-28 14-04-42.png

Screenshot from 2023-07-28 14-07-38.pngSame blankframeSame blankframe

i tried sir but same result not displaying anything.

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

The API key needs to be set earlier in the app.  Make it the very first thing that happens before you use any of the esri mapping funcationality.

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

beautifully Working with your valuble suggitions sir, i Made it the  API key very first thing that happens before use of esri mapping.

Screenshot from 2023-07-28 16-20-13.png

0 Kudos
MarkBaird
Esri Regular Contributor

Nice - glad you got it working!

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

Thankyou soo much Mark Sir..🤗

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

Dear Mark sir,

i have to load the shapefile display over the basemap via offline mapping same as i did it online, i didn't find how to Start the program for load shapaefile via offline & i downloaded the localserver Sdk also.

Thanks& regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos
ColinAnderson1
Esri Contributor

Hi,

Take a look at https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-maps-sdk-java-samples/tree/main/feature_layers/feature-layer-shapefil... to see how to create a feature layer from a shapefile.

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

Sir ,

Loading the shapefile with featurelayer has i already did for online, Now my main goal is to Load the ShapeFile via Offline (The BaseMaps to be loaded with out internet), i already installed the RunTimeLocalServerSDK & i can't find  any Solution to load the Shapefile via Offline mapping , pls help.

Thanks& regards,

Praveen.

0 Kudos
ColinAnderson1
Esri Contributor

Shapefile feature table can load a shapefile from a file so shouldn't need any network connection. See https://developers.arcgis.com/java/api-reference/reference/com.esri.arcgisruntime/com/esri/arcgisrun....

You can load a shapefile with the Local Server but I believe ShapeFileFeatureTable is now the recommended way.

0 Kudos
PRAVEENPATNANA
New Contributor II

Sir ,

But we need internet to display the BaseMap Right? with out internet how can we load the Base map & and we have a APIKey also , Could you please provide the Sample code to load  and display the base map with overlaying the shapefile .

0 Kudos