Creating tpk file

Jump to solution
06-30-2015 05:25 AM
LAOJimmy
New Contributor II

Hi,

I would like to include a local tile cache (tpk-file) into a Java App because I want to have an offline mode.

I tried to download a small area from http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=e384f5aa4eb1433c92afff09500b073d  with ArcMap 10.3 but I get an error : 00005 : Layer type is not supported.

Anyone has solved this problem ?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Tags (4)
16 Replies
nita14
by
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Colin,

Open ArcMap (new blank document) and drag/drop tpk to the map window. ArcMap should automatically be zoomed to the extent of tpk. If it does not work, please answer the two following questions:

1) What is the size of downloaded tpk?

2) What is the area (coordinates) of the data you downloaded?

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for the reply,

Nothing is displayed when the package is drag and dropped into ArcMap. I have tried using different extents to see if that was the problem and still nothing shows up. The area I am trying to capture is quite small; the size of a small city.

The size has been consistently coming out around 2 Mb, which I think is quite strange to begin with.

Here is the extent I am trying to capture:

Capture2.PNG

Note: I recently tried with a slightly larger extent and download a much bigger file (808 Mb) but still nothing displays when loaded into ArcMap.

Thanks again for your help!

0 Kudos
nita14
by

HI Colin,

I recreated your tpk request. The REST API request page looks like:

The resulting tpk is 34.6MB large. I added the file to ArcMap, and I could display it at all scales:

Please, check your request parameters first. There must be something wrong there.

Regards,

Adam

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Adam, I got it to work finally.

For the record, I was using Imagery and not world street map. I cannot figure out why it was not working before...but it works now!

Thanks again,

Colin

0 Kudos
CHAITANYASHREE
New Contributor

how to get  tpk file of desired latlons ?

0 Kudos
AlexanderNohe1

This might be better in a new question by itself as this question is marked as resolved.

CHAITANYASHREE
New Contributor

I have posted it as new question plz answer it

0 Kudos