Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS runtime and webstart

Jump to solution
03-18-2013 10:06 AM
MaryHertel
Emerging Contributor
Has anyone actually got ArcGIS to deploy with java webstart?  I found this,  but it doesn't actually work.

I would love some sort of clear (and accurate) documentation of what is needed for this type of deployment.  Not only for what is needed in our deployment, but what needs to be installed on the desktops.

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MaryHertel
Emerging Contributor
I got this working.  There was something weird going on with my IDE.  I basically started over, proceeded slowly, and then it worked.  I also had to call ArcGISRuntime.setLicense(license);

It would still be nice if there was a deployment guide somewhere that went over all the details, including what needs to be on the computers that want to run the application we deploy.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MaryHertel
Emerging Contributor
I got this working.  There was something weird going on with my IDE.  I basically started over, proceeded slowly, and then it worked.  I also had to call ArcGISRuntime.setLicense(license);

It would still be nice if there was a deployment guide somewhere that went over all the details, including what needs to be on the computers that want to run the application we deploy.
0 Kudos
V_StuartFoote
MVP Frequent Contributor
Mary,

Glad you got it working, moving this thread over to the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java forum where it will be of help to other Java SDK developers looking at WebStart and JNLP for deploying runtime applets.

Stuart
0 Kudos
MartinVáclavík
New Contributor
I am able run my Runtime Java Apps with Java Web Start, if I have ArgGIS Runtime SDK for java installed on the client. Is it possible to run ArcGIS Runtime Java Apps with Java Web Start with the �??Runtime deployment package�?� as part of Java Web Start?
Martin

0 Kudos