Select to view content in your preferred language

WebGISDR question, file names

12-19-2018 02:24 PM
JoeWeyl
Occasional Contributor

Our configuration is as follows. We have an HA 10.6 ArcGIS Enterprise Environment in AWS. 3 VM's, 2 for ArcGIS, File server, S3 bucket etc. All windows.

I am trying to set up my webgisdr backups for full and incremental and I am wondering about the file name parameter in my webgisdr.properties file for type of backup. Do I need to rename the full backup each week, incremental backup daily? Is there a way to automate this? Does the webgisdr now that the backups are different, if according to the documentaiton that backup name is only used for the restore? From the example file loaded with ArcGIS Enterprise, this is why I am asking.

# Specify a backup name used for the Web GIS restore only.
# Example:
# April-20-2017-5-04-14-PM-PDT-FULL
# or
# webgisdr-backup/10-5-1/full/April-20-2017-5-04-14-PM-PDT-FULL

1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Joe,

The backups will always have a different name every time one is taken, the date and time makes each one unique.

for example, if you have a full webgisdr backup named February-22-2018-3-31-47-PM-PST-FULL.webgissite, the name tells you that it was taken in February 22, 2018 followed by the date it was taken which is 3:31pm.

Now the function you specify below in the properties file is only used for a restore only. 

S3_BACKUP_NAME = <backup file name>

This property is only used when you restore an ArcGIS Enterprise deployment. Specify the name of the backup file you want to restore. If you do not specify a backup file name, the latest backup file is restored.

More info can be found in the doc url: Create an ArcGIS Enterprise backup—Portal for ArcGIS (10.7) | ArcGIS Enterprise