Select to view content in your preferred language

Data Validation

10-30-2018 07:24 AM
DilipWagh
New Contributor

Hi all, I am looking to validate Points/Lines/Polys against other data layers when they are digitised. The validation needs to check in both 2 & 3D to see if there are any 'clashes' or overlaps, is there a tool to set these business rules?

A point in the right direction is greatly appreciated,

Many thanks in advance.

PS. I will need to push this into Server as the digitising will eventually be carried out in a browser.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JacobBoyle412
Esri Contributor

Hi Dilip, 

I suggest you take a look at Editing Topology. 

Introduction to editing topology—ArcGIS Pro | ArcGIS Desktop 

Jacob is a Sr. Solution Architect for Esri Professional Services and loves conservation planning, woodworking, LEGO, and his dogs.
WillWalter1
Esri Contributor

Data Reviewer Extension could also prove useful for these purposes.  It is a rules based QA/QC check tool that tracks errors / status and helps automate resolution.

JayCary
Esri Contributor

The Data Reviewer extension's Feature on Feature check supports validation of spatial relationships between features. This check can be implemented as an attribute (constraint) rule or a map-based validation rule.

That said, it does not currently take Z into consideration for Z-enabled features (although you can implement a work-around if Z is stored as an attribute value).