Iso Cluster Unsupervised Classification not functioning

07-27-2019 12:05 PM
Labels (2)
SamGoltermann
New Contributor

I am attempting to do the lesson Display the lake—Classify Land Cover to Measure Shrinking Lakes | ArcGIS in which I am supposed to run an Iso Cluster Unsupervised Classification.

I have encountered a strange phenomenon where when I open the .aprx directly and try to run an Iso Cluster Unsupervised Classification geoprocess the process runs, lasts less than a second, and finishes without doing anything. It does not encounter an error and fail, it claims to run and finish without actually doing anything. (This geoprocess, used on a large area, would typically would take at least a few seconds even on a fast computer)

However, when I open the project via the downloaded project package, I can run this geoprocess without issue. It takes some time, and then produces a result in the form of a new raster feature.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? I feel it would be important to know for the future so I don't get stuck trying to work around this phenomenon.

I am using ArcGIS Pro version 2.0 on a personal laptop. My ESRI account is linked to my college.
(I also can't seem to update past this version for some reason, if anyone could tell me about that, that would be nice too).

0 Kudos
0 Replies