Worldview-3 IMD File

Jump to solution
08-17-2015 11:06 AM
MichaelQuinene
New Contributor

Hello,

I'm using Desktop 10.2.1 and any Worldview-3 IMD files I try to view just come back with the "Invalid Raster Dataset" error.  Other DigitalGlobe IMD files (for GE-1, WV-2, etc) load fine.  Any suggestions?

I found a reference to ENH-000082783 in 10.3.1 which says to  "Provide the ability to consume WorldView-3 imagery in ArcGIS".  Does this enhancement allow reading of WV-3 IMD files, meaning I would have to upgrade to 10.3.1?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello Michael,

support for WV-3 was only added at ArcGIS 10.3.1. Hence any earlier versions of software will not be able to read the metadata correctly. This does mean that you will have to upgrade to 10.3.1

regards

Gordon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
GordonSumerling
Esri Contributor

Hello Michael,

support for WV-3 was only added at ArcGIS 10.3.1. Hence any earlier versions of software will not be able to read the metadata correctly. This does mean that you will have to upgrade to 10.3.1

regards

Gordon

0 Kudos
MichaelQuinene
New Contributor

Thanks, that's what I figured. 

0 Kudos
larryzhang
Occasional Contributor III

To fully recognize WV-3 metadata, you sure need 10.3.1.

However, if you only want to correctly load/add WV-3 bundle with the sensor model that WV-3 uses into MD, you can use GeoEye RPC model in 10.3 or earlier. The reason is that WV-3 sensor uses the same RPC model as GeoEye RPC...

0 Kudos