Select to view content in your preferred language

Weighted Overlay - Remap Table Not Populating?

Jump to solution
07-25-2022 06:46 AM
Labels (2)
Heidi_Harris
New Contributor

I have three multidimensional rasters (temperature, wind gust max, wave height max) that I'm trying to run through a Weighted Overlay analysis using Raster Functions.

I have reclassed all three to a 1-3 Scale (aka using the Remap function I've gotten outputs where the pixels only have a value of 1, 2, or 3).  When I feed those three remapped outputs into Weighted Overlay though, with a 1-3 Scale set, the Remap Table is blank.

I'm fairly new to this tool - I feel like it should be populating with values and scales, but it only says Value: NODATA, Scale: NODATA.  Do I need to somehow manually fill in the Remap Table?  Or should it populate on its own?

Could someone give me a little help on what I should expect for the Remap Table portion of this Raster Function?  Or ideas on how to prep these rasters correctly/run this function correctly?

Much Appreciated!  Screenshot for reference (only two rasters in this screenshot, but the problem is the same).

Heidi_Harris_0-1658756725949.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Heidi_Harris
New Contributor

Got it up and running.  I believe my issue was that even though I'd remapped to integer values, the input rasters were still reading in as doubles.  Once I calculated the input rasters as integers, then the weighted overlay tool ran successfully.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Heidi_Harris
New Contributor

Got it up and running.  I believe my issue was that even though I'd remapped to integer values, the input rasters were still reading in as doubles.  Once I calculated the input rasters as integers, then the weighted overlay tool ran successfully.

0 Kudos
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

Hi Heidi - 

The behavior of raster functions is a bit different from how the GP tool behaves. I'm guessing thats whats causing the confusion in your scenario.

Here's a link which gives a detailed explanation of how the function works (with an explanation of the parameters)

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/raster-functions/weighted-overlay-function.ht...

Feel free to email me if you still run into issues.

0 Kudos