Receiving Error 000210 when running LAS Dataset To Raster

Jump to solution
02-21-2019 08:48 AM
DavidHorrocks
New Contributor II

I have downloaded an LAS dataset developed by NOAA for an area of Massachusetts. I am trying to convert this into a DEM I can use to make elevation contours. I have filtered the data so that only ground points are showing. Then, when I try to run the LAS Dataset to Raster tool in ArcGIS Pro 2.3, I receive Error 000210: Cannot create output "filepath".

I have looked at the online help for this error and it looks like a data locking or file path issue. I have closed all other software I had open to make sure something else wasn't locking the data. I have restarted ArcGIS Pro to see if this will help. I have tried saving to a test GDB on my desktop, and the issue still persists.

I have included a screenshot of the parameters I'm using for the tool and LAS properties below. Please let me know if there is a solution to this problem.

Kind regards,

David

0 Kudos
14 Replies
DavidHorrocks
New Contributor II

Hi Guenter, 

I have included screenshots of my tool settings and my LAS dataset properties now.

Regards, 

David

0 Kudos
VinayViswambharan
Esri Contributor

Do you have your data in GCS and specified the cellsize of 2. It’s a highly inappropriate cellsize for the data. Assuming this is the problem I’d recommend the las file be projected first (e.g., via the ExtractLAS tool – by setting the output SR in the GP environment for the tool.

DavidHorrocks
New Contributor II

Hi Vinay, 

Thanks for your response. I first used Extract LAS to convert the LAS file to NAD 1983 UTM and now it will convert to a raster.

David

0 Kudos
GuenterDoerffel
Esri Contributor

Thats the advantage of a global company - one goes to sleep - another one takes over: Thanks Vinay and I am glad you solved it!

0 Kudos
MarcoTorres1
New Contributor

Amazing! I had the same problem and it worked!

Can you please place an enhancement and have the error message display something more descriptive.

For example, LASD must be projected in a PCS?

-Marco