Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 99999: Failed to extract feature points when running block adjustment

3 weeks ago
Labels (1)
Reece_Samuelson
New Contributor

When trying to run a block adjustment on a set of images captured from a drone I get the following error:

> Computing initial tie points...
> ERROR 999999: Something unexpected caused the tool to fail. Contact Esri Technical Support (http://esriurl.com/support) to Report a Bug, and refer to the error help for potential solutions or workarounds. 

> Failed to extract feature points.
> Parallel processing job timed out
> Failed to execute (ComputeCameraModel).

Took me forever to work past the first issue of not being able to compute flight height input parameters (had to import a DEM and that resolved the issue) and now I can not seem to figure out how to work around the above issue. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor III

Hi @Reece_Samuelson did you get any help on this one? What of the software is this? Do the imagery have valid EXIF info? The planned overlap is of interest. 

0 Kudos
Reece_Samuelson
New Contributor

Hello @Pål_Herman_Sund,

No, I have not gotten any help on this one yet. I am using a EVO II drone and the latest version of AGPro. The imagery does have valid EXIF info as far as I can tell. 

0 Kudos
Pål_Herman_Sund
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, so ArcGIS Pro either with Reality Extension or the Ortho Mapping capabilities of an advanced license.  Either way it seems like there are som issues with the imagery (can not extract tie points) or the camera (calibration values). Most of the times when I have seen similar issues it is caused by the imagery - to little overlap, too uniform surfaces, reflectance from water or glass, overexposed imagery (too light in sunny areas and too dark in the shadows). Difficult to tell why without seeing the imagery. In one supportcase (i work at the Norwegian distributor) there was a case where the camera itself was the problem and it needed a repair, hopefully not the case for you. If you can share the imagery I can have a look - or raise a supportcase with Esri. best pH

0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Reece

We really can't offer advice without more information.  Can you send a few overlapping images, or screenshots to show the footprints, image to image overlap, subject matter?  as Pål_Herman_Sund said, if you're flying over heavy tree canopy or water, possibly flying too low, that may be a problem.  Also, I haven't seen much data from the EVO but many drones report bad altitude data - you indicated above that flight height was an issue - if the software believes your drone was too low - even if that is incorrect - it will calculate zero overlap.  

We'll try to help

Cody B

0 Kudos