Exceeded Usage Threshold

03-30-2020 01:26 PM
ProfFerideSchroeder
New Contributor III

Hello fellow users,

I am an instructor at a community college and one of my students received the following error message when starting up ArcMap:

"You have exceeded the usage threshold set up for your ArcGIS account by your administrator.  Until your administrator, who has been notified, modifies your threshold, you will be unable to perform these tasks: batch geocoding, network analysis, spatial analysis, geoenrichment, demographics, elevation analysis and tile generation."

I am the administrator, and don't believe I was notified.  Even if I was, I am unsure what I can do.  It does not appear to be a credit issues, as the student has sufficient credits in her AGOL account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Greetings Feride:

Could you clarify if it an issue with ArcMap, ArcGIS Online, or Pro? (1) there is a default number of credits that each user in the ORG has, but the admin should be able to change it, which of course as you mentioned, is you.  (2) Could perhaps the notification went to a spam email folder OR check in ArcGIS Online your “notifications” which are easily missed but in the upper right of the ArcGIS Online page; (3) this might be helpful:

https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/administer/credits.htm.  (4)  If you are still stuck, you might contact Esri Technical Support. 

I hope this is helpful.

--Joseph Kerski 

0 Kudos
ProfFerideSchroeder
New Contributor III

It is for ArcGIS Desktop because it occurs when she is starting up ArcMap.

JosephKerski
Esri Notable Contributor

Hi Feride: 

Another thing to mention is to make sure the student is signing into your college organizational account.  Often times people have multiple accounts (public, developer, university, etc) and they mistakenly sign into this other account.

But - if that is not the case:   If you are the administrator and you have not set the credits to a very low number, and the student is signing in to your university account, then I'm not sure.  I'd contact Esri technical support as I'm puzzled why the message is appearing. 

--Joseph Kerski

0 Kudos
ProfFerideSchroeder
New Contributor III

Hi Joseph,

The issue is with Desktop. Her credit limit has not been exceeded and she only has an organization account with us. I just had her reauthorize her Desktop without our site license provisioning file and it did the trick. Thanks for your help.

I do have another question about your GIS Data book exercises - GIS Data Depot is no more so it impacts some sections of the Nebraska Loess Hills assignment. Any chance you have update those assignments? I have found another source for the data and am working around it, but was wondering if you had done an update.

Thanks so much,

Feride

0 Kudos