Select to view content in your preferred language

Missing second machine on ArcGIS Server site after Webgisdr import.

05-13-2023 10:44 AM
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

We have a highly available multi machine sites as primary and Disaster Recovery.

We were importing webgisdr backups to DR site sequentially from primary site backups. I found second node of server site is missing after successful import.

I need help to identify the problem and add second node back to the site in a proper way.

ArcGIS Ent. Version 10.9.1

Thanks,

Suleyman.

3 Replies
JalesM
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Can you clarify what is meant by, "We were importing webgisdr backups to DR site sequentially from primary site backups."? Was this one webgisdr import into the entire DR deployment or was this a restore of each individual component (something like Portal, then Server, then Data Store)? 

To add the 2nd ArcGIS Server machine back, I would suggest performing a clean uninstall, reinstall, then join back to the site. Below is documentation on how to perform a clean uninstall:

You may also want to look in the <install_directory>\arcgisserver\config-store\machines folder prior to adding the 2nd machine back to see if the 2nd machine is still listed. If so, I would recommend opening a Technical Support ticket to help clean that up.

Hope that helps!

0 Kudos
Suleyman-Arslan
Occasional Contributor

Hello @JalesM , Thank you for your reply.

This is webgisdr import for entire DR deployment. I am even not evare that other option is possible and I did not see anywhere documented.

Below KB article work for me to add second machine back. But still not found the root cause for the issue.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-enterprise-documents/kb-arcgis-server-auto-removed-from-site-du...

Thanks,

Suleyman.

0 Kudos
JalesM
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Hi @Suleyman-Arslan,

Glad to hear you were able to add the 2nd GIS Server back! 

As for migrating the data to the DR site, the webgisdr workflow is correct. I just wanted to make sure that the individual backups were not being used as I hear those are only for restore workflows.

All the best!

0 Kudos