Select to view content in your preferred language

Imported an ArcGIS web service with KML capability enabled into Google Earth. Cannot display attached photos in the Google Earth pop up window.

07-26-2017 12:22 PM
TomeJovanovski
Esri Contributor

I am working on a project where I am expected to create a web service from geotagged photos and import them into Google Earth.

I tried the following steps:

First, I used the "Geotagged photos to points" geoprocessing tool and successfully converted the geotagged photos to a point feature class based on the latitude, longitude and attitude coordinate of the photos. The tool also added the photo files as attachments to the point features in a geodatabase. The photos are successfully displayed along the other attributes when I use the HTML pop-up tool and click on a certain point feature in ArcMap

Next, I created an .mxd document containing the point feature class and published a web service with KML capability enabled to ArcGIS Server. I consumed the newly published service in ArcMap and again I used the HTML pop-up tool to see if the photos are still displayed. Everything worked fine, I could still see the photos along with the other attributes of the point features.

Finally, I got to the last step where I needed to import this service into Google Earth. In the ArcGIS Server Manager I created a custom network link for the service according to the instructions on the following links:

Managing KML network links—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Viewing services as KML—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Authoring maps for publishing as KML—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I have imported the service into Google Earth with success and I can visualize the point features and display all the attributes except the photos. So, what am I doing wrong? How can I display the attached photos in Google Earth just like in ArcMap?

Best Regards,

Tome

0 Kudos
0 Replies