Scripts on ESRI website

04-14-2015 08:09 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Where do I find scripts or arctoolbox on ESRI website that I can find  ? Did they move it to somewhere ? I am looking for something a tool that creates image footprints.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
11 Replies
TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Robert,

They have reinstated the ArcScripts web site.  You can find it here:

ArcScripts Home - ESRI Support

Building footprints documentation can be found at:

ArcGIS Help 10.1

Regards,

Tom

DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

That link is for the old...old...old stuff.  ArcScripts 2.0 is not online yet if you are looking for new material

TomSellsted
MVP Regular Contributor

Dan,

Apologies.  You are correct sir. 

Regards,

Tom

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

All true....but sometimes it's nice to look up the really old stuff too.

Until ArcScripts 2.0 is online, some things can be found thru arcgis.com, e.g.

http://www.arcgis.com/home/search.html?q=scripts&t=content&focus=tools&sortField=modified&sortOrder=...  some tools, and

http://www.arcgis.com/home/search.html?q=python&t=content&focus=tools&sortField=modified&sortOrder=d...

can bring up Python scripts, etc.

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

There you go , Rebecca !

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Yes you are right , Professor Patterson ...

I am perplex here but I'll wait til someone gives me the new correct website..

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Although we haven't heard any release date for ArcScripts 2.0, my guess is it will be announced around the UC in July.  that's just a guess since that always seems to be a target date for many releases.....gets the ooohs and aaahhs from the crowd.

I just re-read your original quesiton.  Are you just looking for a tool in ArcMap/catalog?  If you open up the "Search" window (in ArcMap, for example, Windows->Search    ....i think Ctrol-F might also work, at least in 10.3)       then type "foorprints" in the search box

That will give you a bunch of options.  Again, my guess, since I haven't tested all the options, is you will want to create 1) a file geodatabase (FGDB), 2) a mosaic or raster dataset inside the FGDB, 3) add your raster images to the dataset, at which type you can have it build footprints...or add the rasters and have it create the footprints as a separate step.

Is that more what you were looking for?  (the "scripts" term in your questions threw some of us off I think.  I know I tend to look at key words like that and miss the Toolbar part.....sorry)

PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you ! very good information....I'll look into it...

what I was trying to do here that there was an arcscript that is similiar to this Create Raster/Image Index (Raster footprint) 

but since it must have VB to run this arcscript so I thought maybe there might be a update or a newer one  but it looks like it has not...

I will check on what you are suggesting..

Thanks again !

0 Kudos
RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

FWIW, looks like you might (very strong "might") be able to contact the author of the script to see if they have an update....it the other doesn't pan out.   Christian Maire​   Below is from the ArcScripts page...but I would use GeoNet to connect (hopefully I have the correct person cc'd.