I have a model that I created and it does not contain any iterators. When I try and run a batch the model only runs for the first row or processes in the batch table. This has happened to me before. Is there something that I can do to make sure that all the processes are run?
Did you already solve your problem? If not, if you would please attach your model/script or whatever samples for troubleshooting and testing purposes, that would help forum members help you, and you will definitely increase your chances of getting a response. Otherwise, keep plugging away! 🙂
Thank you very much for the suggestion Wayne. My model is attached and is working. I am using inline variable substitution in my model to create raster catalogs and load the catalogs from a workspace. My hope was to use the batch to process. When I try a batch it only runs the first line on the batch file. There is no error message, it just doesn't continue on to the next process. Thank you so much for your help!
OK, glad it's running. So for future use you'd still like to be able to run in batch mode? I can take a better look after lunch if that is the case. Can you zip and attach the actual model, etc.? - I'm still working w/ 10 Desktop.
Wayne, I attached a zip with the toolblx and a copy of my model. I would like to use this in batch mode but it only runs the first process only. Thank you so much for your help and looking over this.:)
OK, I've got around to opening this - curious, first of all, are you are using 'Workspace to Raster Catalog' properly? It appears you want to override the tool's capability to 'walk' your subdirectory structure and selectively load individual raster catalogs by county?...and you have individual county mdbs already set up?
The 'Workspace to Raster Catalog' tool simply 'loads' raster datasets into a single catalog....apparently it will even 'walk' the directory loading what it finds in subfolders, a nice tool feature. Is this what you want to do? Clarify please.
Yes, I am using the 'Workspace to Raster Catalog' tool. I have individual county mdbs already set up, and want to create raster catalogs to and load them with images. I have the tool working so that I put in the parameters and it fills in the necessary paths and names. The tool will run fine for one county, when I try to batch process it by right clicking on the model name it only runs for the first county and disregards the other counties I have added to the batch. I am wanting to simply 'load' raster datasets into a single catalog and have that catalog go into the county mdb., but do it multiple times using different county names and different mdbs. Thank you again for all of your help!:)
I would actually prefer accomplishing this via Python if for nothing more than the ability to better trap errors; however, I don't think it's fair to impose my preferences onto you, so bear with me and l'll try to troubleshoot this with you.
So let's try or check the following: - you have verified the test data is already set up to run, inputs and outputs and nothing is locked, correct? - you have results on the 1st round of execution, correct (Franklin County in your example)?
Be aware there is also a 'Copy Raster Catalog Items' tool - so why not try breaking up the problem by 1st using 'Workspace to Raster Catalog' and see what results you can produce in loading a single catalog, doesn't matter what you name it (or even what you load it with at this point).
Also, are you able to retrieve any error messages so far?
I have verified that the test data is ready, and I have results on the 1st round of execution. I am trying first by using "Workspace to Raster' and it has completed with no error messages. The raster catalog was created and put in the correct database and then loaded with all of the images.
Alright then, I have run a successful batch test of a simple model I set up similar to yours - did you say your model would not complete the 2nd iteration? I ask because I set up mine to run twice and indeed it did successfully run with no error messages. I had the 2nd run to write to a separate output catalog in a separate mdb, and I did get the appropriate output after I refreshed my view.
I didn't apply any 'inline variable substitution' at this point. As a result, both of my output catalogs are hard-coded named 'test' --- which is fine for troubleshooting, just want to verify the geoprocessing to this point is sound.
May not be necessary for you, but I set mine up to 'walk' the subdirectory from the root I specify on each input line in the batch mode. I'm inserting a pic of what I have so far for starters... (note - Only the params shown in blue showed up in the form in batch mode.)