I am working with the Points to Line tool within Modelbuilder. The output of the tool always skips points from the points file when creating the vertices for the resulting line file. I don't understand what the problem is because the Points to Line tool works perfectly outside of Modelbuilder (without any adjustments to the environments) by creating line vertices at each point from the point file. I have tried using both default environment settings in Modelbuilder and adjusted environment settings, but nothing is resolving this issue.
Can anyone provide any possible explanations or resolutions?
Here is a screenshot of the output. As you can see there is a point near the bend that has been skipped as a vertice in the line.
If I look carefully I do see a vertice near the "missing point" (red box):
I have seen something similar when a XY domain (with decimal degrees coordinates) was specified to large, resulting in a low precision, but that doesn't explain the other points that are on the line. Is there perhaps something in your environment settings with the tolerance that might be to big?
The following environment settings influence the behavior of this tool:
Current Workspace, Scratch Workspace, XY Resolution, XY Tolerance, Output has M values, M Resolution, M Tolerance, Output has Z values, Default Output Z Value, Z Resolution, Z Tolerance, Qualified Field Names, Output CONFIG Keyword, Auto Commit, Output Spatial Grid 1, Output Spatial Grid 2, Output Spatial Grid 3, Output XY Domain, Output M Domain, Output Z Domain
Xander there is a vertex where you have placed a redbox in the image above, however it clearly doesn't match the points vertex. I have tried using extremely low XY Resolution and XY Tolerance values with several different datums just to see what the results were and I always get this same output. Altering the Output XY Domain values doesn't seem to be fixing the issue either.