Mosaicking Rasters Error (A column was specified that does not exist)

Jump to solution
05-15-2014 02:06 PM
MeredithGreen
New Contributor III
I am trying to mosaic two rasters.  I have run several mosaics today all with the same exact settings and no issue, but with my two larger raster datasets the mosaic tool just keeps looping at building pyramids over and over again and doesn't progress any further.  When I cancel it I get several "A column was specified that does not exist" error messages as well as the error message "All geometries involved in this operation must have the same spatial reference."  All the other raster mosaics I have run have the exact same settings so the only thing I could think of was maybe the file size is too big.  So I moved the rasters to the C drive on my computer and tried again, same problem.  Anyone have a possible solution to this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MeredithGreen
New Contributor III
Size:
Input- 136.11MB
Target- 2.06GB
Type:
Input- GRID
Target- FGDBR
Projection:
Input- StatePlane_Georgia_West_FIPS_1002_Feet Foot_US
Target- UTM_Zone_16N Foot_US
Cell Size:
Input- 10,10 
Target- 10,10
Overlapping: Yes

I'd like to also add that I tried reprojecting the Input raster first to match the target but got the same errors and looping problem.  I've also mosaicked other FGDBR in the same GDB with other GRIDS following the same characteristics and had no issues at all.  This is why I am leaning towards the file size given the the rasters I'm having these problems with are the largest of the bunch.  However, moving them to the C drive didn't work either so I'm kind of at a loss.

So I came back to this problem this morning and tried one more thing.  Initially I tried changing the Type of the input raster to the same as the target raster and it didn't work.  Then I reversed it and converted the target raster to a GRID instead.  It worked!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DuncanHornby
MVP Notable Contributor
I think you need to give more information about these rasters, what are their:

• Size

• Type

• Projection

• cell size

• are they overlapping

0 Kudos
MeredithGreen
New Contributor III
I think you need to give more information about these rasters, what are their:

• Size

• Type

• Projection

• cell size

• are they overlapping

Size:
Input- 136.11MB
Target- 2.06GB
Type:
Input- GRID
Target- FGDBR
Projection:
Cell Size:
Input- 10,10 
Target- 10,10

I'd like to also add that I tried reprojecting the Input raster first to match the target but got the same errors and looping problem.  I've also mosaicked other FGDBR in the same GDB with other GRIDS following the same characteristics and had no issues at all.  This is why I am leaning towards the file size given the the rasters I'm having these problems with are the largest of the bunch.  However, moving them to the C drive didn't work either so I'm kind of at a loss.
0 Kudos
MeredithGreen
New Contributor III
Size:
Input- 136.11MB
Target- 2.06GB
Type:
Input- GRID
Target- FGDBR
Projection:
Cell Size:
Input- 10,10 
Target- 10,10

So I came back to this problem this morning and tried one more thing.  Initially I tried changing the Type of the input raster to the same as the target raster and it didn't work.  Then I reversed it and converted the target raster to a GRID instead.  It worked!
0 Kudos