Import ArcToolbox Log History

04-03-2016 04:03 PM
BadWolf
New Contributor III

Dear all,

I do not know what  happened but I have lost all my ArcToolbox log history that was available trough "Results" menu.

The strange thing is that I can access the log files that are saved on my harddrive. Those files are on .xml format but I do not know how to import them back to the "Results" history menu.

Can someone give me a help on this? To me is extremely useful to see the results history! It helps me a lot!

Thank you

0 Kudos
15 Replies
BadWolf
New Contributor III

Awesome documentation!! Will have a look as soon as I have some time later today/tomorrow!

Thank you all so much!!

0 Kudos
JamesGough1
Esri Contributor

Hi Team,

You can save individual results as an rlt file and drag them back into the shared results section in a new ArcMap session.

Maybe having this saved into a default location like requested in this idea under ideas.arcgis.com.

If more folks like this idea and add comments maybe this could be implemented.

Set Results save location per project, like Default GDB - See more at:

http://ideas.arcgis.com/ideaView?id=087E00000005Hc1IAE#sthash.QqgQC1SZ.dpuf

Thank You,
Jim Gough | Technical Lead Enterprise - Educational Services
Esri
BadWolf
New Contributor III

Dear James,

Thank you for your answer and for the link to that idea, which I have already commented and tried to give my support to it. I think that suggestion would be very useful to us all.

Regarding your comment, can you please tell me how can I save individual .xml results to an .rlt file? And also, how can I import them to the "Shared Results" on ArcMap?

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
JamesGough1
Esri Contributor

Sorry I do not have a way to convert the .xml to .rlt files. 

Currently you would need to right click on new results you wanted to save and "save as" to a location on your hard drive. 

Then later you could add this hard drive location in your folder connections. 

You could then open the Geoprocessing Results and drag the rlt file to the shared area of the Geoprocessing Results.  You can also double click the file and after a few seconds it would appear under your shared are of the Geoprocessing Results.

Thank You,
Jim Gough | Technical Lead Enterprise - Educational Services
Esri
BadWolf
New Contributor III

Thank you for your reply.

I really did not know that it was possible to save the results in a file. From now on I will do that for the most important results that I have. Well, for the future it's solved. I will always do that.

For the past/present I will have to get a way of convert those .xml results to a .rlt file. There has to be a way of doing that conversion. I will search on google to try to find a tool to do that.

If I find it, I will surely post here for future questions about the same issue.

Thank you for your idea It opened me a new option to try to solve this!

Regards

0 Kudos