How to show a polygon's attribute on the data frame

06-30-2014 02:37 PM
JuanIrarrazaval
New Contributor
Helloooooo

I would love to know:

I want to send a map exported in JPG to a friend because he doesn't know anything about this. But, since he can't open an attribute table to recognize each polygon, can I send him the map showing the number of each polygon so he can check the attributes on a excel file I already sent him? Like a map with polygons with a number inside...

Hope I was clear!
ThanKs!
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MosheurRahman
New Contributor III
You can label the attribute data of each polygon to your map. In your Data Frame right click on the Feature class, go to Properties, then click on Label tab. You have all the options to bring attribute data to your maps here. For a easy one do the following:
- Turn on "Label Features in this layer" at upper left corner
- Click on the "Label Field:" pull down menu and select the Field Name where you have your polygon numbers
- Play with "Text Symbol" to specify font size and colour
- You may change "placement Properties" to fit the label perfectly on your map but the default one should be alright
- Press OK and you are done!

You have a quick option to turn label on and off. Right click on the Feature Class and select "Label Features". This will instantly on or off your label from Data Frame.

Is this what you wanted?
0 Kudos
JuanIrarrazaval
New Contributor
You can label the attribute data of each polygon to your map. In your Data Frame right click on the Feature class, go to Properties, then click on Label tab. You have all the options to bring attribute data to your maps here. For a easy one do the following:
- Turn on "Label Features in this layer" at upper left corner
- Click on the "Label Field:" pull down menu and select the Field Name where you have your polygon numbers
- Play with "Text Symbol" to specify font size and colour
- You may change "placement Properties" to fit the label perfectly on your map but the default one should be alright
- Press OK and you are done!

You have a quick option to turn label on and off. Right click on the Feature Class and select "Label Features". This will instantly on or off your label from Data Frame.

Is this what you wanted?

It´s exactly what i wanted, it worked perfectly
THANKS A LOT MOSHEUR, really appreciated
This forum is amazing, very pro and kind people, thanks
0 Kudos