Copying and Moving tools

Jump to solution
06-19-2014 05:14 AM
RobertParty
New Contributor III
I am sure this is fairly simple but i cant figure it out. I have made a few tools in model builder on one computer and now I want to move them to another computer, if i go into the app data and copy the tool box and paste it into the toolbox folder on the other computer but when i try and open the tool box on the second computer it freezes. Any ideas?
Thanks!
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
I keep the toolbox, its scripts etc in the same folder, then copy them over ...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
I keep the toolbox, its scripts etc in the same folder, then copy them over ...
0 Kudos
RobertParty
New Contributor III
Okay so I created a new folder on my desktop and then created a new toolbox in that folder. so if i open up my tools in model builder and then do file>save as. and save it to that folder, then should i just be able to copy that folder onto a different computer and it will work?
0 Kudos
RobertParty
New Contributor III
I tried it again and it still freezes. you said save the scripts in the folder too, would i have scripts if i built the tool in model builder? because i have been saving the models in the toolbox in a new folder but i dont see any scripts anywhere.
Thanks!
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
Never seen that behaviour before if both machines have the same license level and the same extensions...perhaps your model requires certain data to be present before the tool will run(?)
0 Kudos
RobertParty
New Contributor III
Ok, i will keep trying and check to make sure everything is correct!
Thanks for the help!
0 Kudos
RobertParty
New Contributor III
okay you were right, I have version 10.2.1 and the other computer has version 10.2.2 is there anyway i can make that run from the older version to the newer one, or will i have to rebuild it on the 10.2.2 computer?
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus
try rebuilding in 10.2.2 there may have been a reported bug that was fixed but I see nothing obvious
0 Kudos
RobertParty
New Contributor III
okay! Thanks again for the help!
0 Kudos