ArcMap 10 Toolbox will not load tools.

06-20-2011 10:34 AM
CoreyLunsford
New Contributor II
Its very strange, this. I have been having problems for the last week. I am trying to append data. When I open toolbox, and click on append, it hyperlinks me to an internet description of what append does but does not open the actual tool. I used it just fine two weeks ago. I tried to open other tools and got the same results. Any assistance would be really appreciated. My boss is becoming very irate.

Corey
0 Kudos
18 Replies
LaxmiPanthi
New Contributor
I also had the same problem as of zuhdi67. The suggestion by Corey worked well. Thanks to all.
0 Kudos
AshokPeddi
New Contributor
Hi  I am facing the same problem even though I did what corey has told.Still i could not make out. Please help me in this reg.

Ashok
0 Kudos
BayronMilian
New Contributor
I´m having the same problem, although I did what Corey suggested, reseting Default programs to Microsoft, still can´t make any tool work again, I reinstalled the program and same problem continues, does anybody found a new solution! I´ll apreciate your response,
0 Kudos
BayronMilian
New Contributor
Hi, this is the message I got when trying to open any tool from the search catalog menu,
"Adding this item is not supported or the application that opens it is not found",
Hope you can help me!
0 Kudos
BayronMilian
New Contributor
Try this, is the same solution used for 9.2 version with same problem, worked for me!

Subject Re: Tools in ArcToolbox will not open
Author Kwabena Prakah-Asante
Date Oct 25, 2007
Message Try this...and Good luck

*Make sure you do not have any ArcGIS application running etc

* Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\[logged in USERNAME]\Application Data\ESRI

* Delete the ArcToolbox folder

* Restart ArcMAp and try opening ArcToolbox
0 Kudos
SierraFranks
New Contributor
I tried what cory mentioned but still nothing. When I open the buffer tool for example or any tool for that matter. There is nothing but a gray screen. No where to input data or even data fields. All that is are the OK, cancel, environment and help buttons at the bottom. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software and still nothing. Any help would be very much appreciated! Attached is an example.
Also the program will crash often once any tool is open.
0 Kudos
NormanBilling
New Contributor
i have exactly the same problem on my win7, 64bit pc, echosef described. is there any solution available? i have installed the latest update, too.. but its still not working.
0 Kudos
BartlomiejSzypula
New Contributor
Hello Everybody!
I had the same problem in Win7 64 - ArcMap did not load ArcToolbox windows. I've tried different solutions, but without good results. The only one thing, that helped me - was to install new version of Internet Explorer (for now it is IE v.11). Now I know, that all problems wit ArcMap was caused by Internet Explorer - so - try this solution.
Regards!
Bart
WillWilliams
New Contributor

I just started having this issue but don't know how to fix it with window 10.

0 Kudos