64 bit geoprocessing with Student Version?

02-14-2016 09:14 PM
MichaelKowalczyk
New Contributor III

Is it possible to install/enable 64 bit background geoprocessing using a student license in ArcGIS 10.2.2?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes. You can download and install 64-bit background geoprocessing.

We can download it from https://my.esri.com

Then ensure that the background processing is checked in ArcMap>Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing options

Think Location
MichaelKowalczyk
New Contributor III

Thanks, but I do not seem to have access to that page.  I get this error: Capture.PNG

Which is why I ask if this is available to students.  Do you have a student account?

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

as for that message... they haven't made it available to you internally, that is not an esri issue

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I will suggest you to get in touch with your Esri distributor. They would be able to provide you with the required setup.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Is your university/college has an educationa site license, I would be suprised that they only have 10.2.2 available.  Perhaps, you should inquire about 10.3.1 (and 10.4 soon) availability.  If they are on maintenance, it should be available...whether they want to release it until they feel like it , is another story.  In that way, you can get started on ArcGIS Pro as well

EDIT 10.3.3 to 10.3.1

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Dan, You meant 10.3.1 I guess

Think Location
0 Kudos
MichaelKowalczyk
New Contributor III

I have access to 10.3.x, that is not the issue, unless 10.3 is significantly more stable and/or has 64 bit geoprocessing available (10.2.2 crashes a lot for me, and I am working with large datasets with 64 bit might be helpful)

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Until you get to install 64-bit background geoprocessing setup, uncheck the background processing in Geoprocessing > Geoprocessing options. This will take care of the crashing of ArcMap.

Think Location
0 Kudos
ModyBuchbinder
Esri Regular Contributor

Background 64 bit processing does not need any license different from the basic license in any version.

If you have license for basic/standard/advanced desktop on any version you can use the background processing 64 bit