VPR task with corporate geodatabase response time taken

08-29-2019 03:51 PM
ArturoEulogio
New Contributor

Hello:
I currently work with VRP services (vehicle routing problem) in ArcGIS Server 10.3, these services work with file geodatabase; these geodatabase files were migrated to a corporate geodatabase in SQL Server 2012, publishing said service again with instances to the geodatabase in SQL Server, taking into account that the service performance would improve, as well as the times of publication since with the file The published geodatase took around 7 to 8 hours (this is due to the process performed by the entire database copy tool at the time of building the service). The problem arose at the time of sending the requests to the service which normally takes between 10 to 20 seconds and already with the data migration takes between 10 to 15 minutes taking as examples the same parameters between both service, as well as the server performance where ArcGIS Server is hosted and SQL Server 2012 rises to its limits in memory and CPU processes.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

What are you asking for specifically in this post? I am a little confused to the need.

So after the geodatabase migration to SQL Server the performance is worse than with the file geodatabase?

Is the publishing time better than the 7-8 hours listed above?

What are the specs of the SQL Server and ArcGIS Server machines?

ArcGIS EnterpriseEnterprise GIS

--- George T.
0 Kudos
ScottFierro2
Occasional Contributor III

Bit confused along with George but below is a solid start point specific to SQL 2012. Just find my posts there and others responses but we initially had issues with performance until we pushed on Microsoft and discovered the had recommended changes to the configuration of the underlying drives for SQL Server that once we corrected it our performance was stellar.

https://community.esri.com/thread/106931