Versioned Oracle Enterprise Gdb using Server for ArcGIS 10.3

07-25-2018 03:12 AM
CliveSwan
Occasional Contributor II

Versioned Oracle Enterprise Gdb using Server for ArcGIS 10.3

It is a couple of years since I have worked on a Versioned EGB and want to confirm my understanding is correct.

Any updated Versioned spatial data will not be viewed unless you stop the SOC/SOM i.e. restart the Web Service.

Server for ArcGIS 10.4+ does not have SOC/SOM. Where is any information that explains how the new architecture works??

Appreciate  any updates,

Thanks,

Clive

0 Kudos
1 Reply
George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

You do not have to restart the service if pointing to a view. It depends on how the view was created and what tables it is pointing to. There have been a TON of updates since the days (pre-10.1) SOC/SOM restarting.

I would recommend pointing to versioned views in the eGDB as they will pick up any edits for that version.

What is a versioned view?—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

Read versioned data in Oracle using versioned views—Help | ArcGIS Desktop 

As for what new, I would recommend reading about that based on the version you are going to. Here is the doc for 10.3.1: What's new in ArcGIS 10.3.1 for Server—Documentation (10.3 and 10.3.1) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

10.4.1: What's new in ArcGIS 10.4.1 for Server—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

10.5.1: What's new in ArcGIS Server 10.5.1—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

10.6.1: What's new in ArcGIS Server 10.6.1 and 10.6—Documentation | ArcGIS Enterprise 

ArcGIS EnterpriseEnterprise GIS

--- George T.