sde_logfiles and sde_logfile_data do not exist

08-21-2018 06:05 PM
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

We have a new 10.2 geodatabase in Oracle. When we went to reconcile and post we would get errors. We tracked the problem down to missing sde_logfiles and sde_logfile_data. We fixed the problem as outlined in this Esri article: https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000012549

The article has one select 100 or more features from a feature class to create the log tables.

So, our question is: is there a way we can ensure the log files exist for users so we don't have to ask them to select 100 features before they reconcile and post? I guess we could script something... but I would think that Esri has a way to do this...

Tags (1)
3 Replies
JonathanFarmer_oldaccount
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Forest,

We do not have a script or tool to create these logfile tables unfortunately. If you do not want your users to have to select over 100 features themselves, you'll have to make connections to the database under their logins and do it. 

I do also want to note since you mentioned a new 10.2 geodatabase, support for 10.2.x ends in July 2019. Something to think about as you move forward. This also means that support for SDE command line is ending at that time as well since the 10.2.2 geodatabase was the last release to support it.

Esri Support 10.6 (10.6.1) 

Let me know if you have any questions for me!

Jonathan

George_Thompson
Esri Frequent Contributor

Hi Forest - I also wanted to add an additional option.

I would look into possibly using; Pools of log files owned by the geodatabase administrator - ArcGIS Help (10.2, 10.2.1, and 10.2.2)   I would review all the options first before making a final decision.

You can update the SERVER_CONFIG table using the old sde command line tools: ArcSDE Administration Command Reference 

I would like to also encourage you to move towards a newer release as Jonathan mentions above.

Hope this helps!

--- George T.
forestknutsen1
MVP Regular Contributor

Thanks Jonathan and George. Yes, we know that support for 10.2 is ending soon. We are ArcFM users--this has been holding us back (also we have corruption in our versions within sde ). But we hope to move forward as fast as possible to stay in a supported version.

I understand that we had problems with shared log past. So, there is not a lot of appetite for that approach in the team. 

0 Kudos