SDE DB Tune

Jump to solution
02-27-2015 08:13 AM
JasonTipton
Occasional Contributor III

I need UNICODE_STRING to False, but I don't see it listed in my Oracle DBTUNE table. Now, if I go to the ArcGIS Help 10.1 docs  , it wants me to use the sdedbtune tool to add a new configuration. I thought this tool was deprecated? Can I not just add:

KEYWORD     PARAMATER_NAME     CONFIG_STRING

DEFAULT     UNICODES_STRING     FALSE

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JasonTipton

Migrate from ArcSDE administration commands—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Found it. Probably need to bookmark this one. ArcSDE tools are for sure dead. Thanks, Andy Smith

Use geoprocessing tools, Python scripts, or geodatabase administration tools in ArcGIS for Desktop to perform geodatabase administration and data management that you formerly performed with ArcSDE administration commands.

Add configuration keywords and edit parameters in DBTUNE

The Export Geodatabase Configuration Keywords and Import Geodatabase Configuration Keywords geoprocessing tools

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JasonTipton

Migrate from ArcSDE administration commands—Help | ArcGIS for Desktop

Found it. Probably need to bookmark this one. ArcSDE tools are for sure dead. Thanks, Andy Smith

Use geoprocessing tools, Python scripts, or geodatabase administration tools in ArcGIS for Desktop to perform geodatabase administration and data management that you formerly performed with ArcSDE administration commands.

Add configuration keywords and edit parameters in DBTUNE

The Export Geodatabase Configuration Keywords and Import Geodatabase Configuration Keywords geoprocessing tools