SDE 10.5.1 Permissions Issue

08-16-2017 05:34 AM
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

My organization is upgrading from ArcGIS 10.3.1 to 10.5.1 where our SDE data is also being migrated from an Oracle11g to Oracle 12c database.  The SDE Administrator needed to update an SDE feature class where the database needed to be compressed to state 0 and then a truncate and append needed to be performed on the SDE feature class as it's update procedure.  This procedure failed with insuffucient permissions for the schema owner in Desktop 10.5.1, but this procedure worked as the schema owner in Desktop 10.3.1.  As such it appears that there is a permissions issue when working with a 10.5.1 Oracle 12c database when using a 10.5.1 Desktop client.

Has anyone else encountered a similar permissions issue with SDE when working with 10.5.1?

13 Replies
BobNutsch1
Occasional Contributor

I can confirm that this bug is present with 10.5.1 (including 64-bit Python) and Oracle 11g.  The "workaround" for us, both renaming feature classes with ArcCatalog and running Python scripts, is to either go back to 10.4.1 or to remove a read-only role, leaving us with just a write role.  Esri support was unable to tell me if a patch will come out or if it will be fixed in 10.6.x.

0 Kudos
BobNutsch1
Occasional Contributor

Esri recently released a patch http://support.esri.com/en/download/7548 which I have installed on my 10.5.1 installation and wahoo, the bug as I observed it has been fixed.

0 Kudos
MichaelVolz
Esteemed Contributor

Bob:

Are you saying that the patch fixed this issue in your environment which is Desktop 10.5.1 used against an Oracle 11g database?  If not, what is the specific version of Oracle that you are using?

0 Kudos
BobNutsch1
Occasional Contributor

Hi Michael,

Yes, Desktop 10.5.1 against Oracle 11gR2

Regards, Bob

0 Kudos