schema locks

Jump to solution
11-04-2014 07:13 AM
TeresaSmithson2
New Contributor III

I am unable to edit several features in ArcMap 10.1.  It's a feature in a SDE database on a SQL Server Express.  I am the only user who accesses the database.  When I open the feature in ArcCatalog and go to manage locks, several features show up as locked and the user is me.  I stopped the database on the server and restarted it.  I have rebooted my computer several times.  I am stumped as to how to make the feature editable.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Teresa,

Even though there are locks on the feature class, you should still be able to edit it.  What is the error message you receive when you try to edit the feature class in ArcMap?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Teresa,

Even though there are locks on the feature class, you should still be able to edit it.  What is the error message you receive when you try to edit the feature class in ArcMap?

0 Kudos
TeresaSmithson2
New Contributor III

Okay, I feel like an idiot.  I just went back into ArcMap and now I can add the feature.  I have fought this for about 5 hours.  All I can figure is that one of the things I did: resetting the server, disabling and reapplying versioning, or one of several others things released the lock.  I reopened editing in ArcMap several times during my troubleshoot period but finally I had given up and not gone back into the program.

Thank you Jake for your response.

Teresa

0 Kudos